Friday 1 August 2014

Vienna 1st August 14 - I found my home...

1st August:

after yesterday's scroll through some Vienna treasures, I really thought nothing can top this beauty - with those creations of art the world has reached the absolute heights of what man can make.



Today I discovered the Hundertwasser House, and was taught otherwise... 



This place is truly magic, a completely different, and much more honest beauty than Sissi's world - interestingly this is the first ever modern building I have seen, which sits there in harmony with all the surrounding grant old buildings, and it shines in its own right.



I felt completely home there... I have to find out if one can apply to live there... 

Later I went to time-travel a bit more into the 18th and 19th century world. However, something felt too familiar to be good there amongst the collections of cutlery, crockery, and also furniture: Scaled down, it reminded me too much of those awfully stiff and boring festivities of my grandparents, who seem not to have realized that the world around them had moved forward by 100 years...


No comments:

Post a Comment